Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Patchwork, Embroidery and Weaving Exhibition

Rob and I went to the Gracefield Arts Centre in Dumfries today, where an exhibition called "A Trio of Textiles" is being held 21 April - 12 May 2012.

The exhibition includes work by local artists and crafts people in the disciplines of embroidery, weaving and patchwork & quilting.

Sadly, I forgot my camera, but Rob lent my his phone camera to take a few snaps.

These chocolates were lovely - felt decorated with beads and embroidery, in a handmade paper box.


This wall hanging is made of felted wool. The colours, patterns and textures are beautiful.


I am very fond of miniatures, so this tiny, embroidered rug caught my eye.


There were dozens of patchwork quilts, artworks, bags, and toys etc to see.







Back in the weaving exhibition, we both loved these woven wall hangings - unfortunately this poor quality photo does not do the colours justice. I bought some hand dyed fabric and cotton embroidery thread from this artist.



This exhibition is well worth a visit. Entry is free, and there is a cafe and a craft shop to enjoy afterwards.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...