Sunday, August 20, 2017

Twelve Hearts Patchwork and Appliqué Wall Hanging

Here is my latest wall hanging: made from a mix of machine sewn patchwork, hand appliqué and hand quilting. I was aiming for a colourful mixture of fabrics with a 'scrappy', improvised look. 

Making
The individual rectangles are pieced, then each has a heart sewn to it. The rectangles are joined (after much deliberation about the layout!), then the top is sandwiched with a wadding and backing layer before quilting begins, using embroidery threads for added touches of colour. I added some Czechoslovakian matte glass beads in three places, to add a further layer of interest. A binding is added, along with a hanging sleeve on the reverse, and finally, my maker's label.






This piece is available for sale in my etsy shop

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...