Monday, February 19, 2018

Work in Progress - Abstract Landscape

I visited Mungrisdale in the Lake District on a bright December day and took photographs and made subsequent drawings. I loved the colour palette and contrasting textures of the hillside covered in shale, bracken, grass and other plants, set against a bluebell blue sky.

I made a few drawings in different media, trying different colour variations and simplifying the composition into blocks of colour.

I cut 3/4" x 2" tabs from re-purposed clothing and prodded them through a background fabric of hessian.

As usual my finished piece is much brighter than the original, relying on the colours I can source, and on the colours I choose to use together.

Now to find a deep box frame to take the deep pile of the work...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...